Frequently Asked Questions
Answering Your Questions About Pet Care
Pet owners have a lot of responsibilities when caring for their pets. While pets are a joy, they don’t come with instruction manuals. Pet Doctor of Chandler is here to answer your questions about pet care, including topics about veterinary services, dental care, and more. We offer affordable veterinary services in Chandler, AZ. We like to educate our pet parents about our veterinary clinic and what you can expect from our services. Read over these pet care FAQs, and feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Frequently Asked Questions About Veterinary Services
No two pets are alike, but we can give you a good idea of what to expect from our veterinary clinic in Chandler, AZ. Whether you own one pet or many, we can help you with any medical situation your dog or cat is facing. Check out the following questions and answers about pet care:
What symptoms indicate a pet emergency?
We offer emergency veterinary services in addition to routine appointments. You might be dealing with a pet emergency if your pet is having trouble breathing, limping, bleeding, vomiting, or exhibiting signs of weakness. If your vet does not offer emergency services, you can go to any trusted animal hospital in your area.
How often does my pet need a wellness exam?
Your pets should have wellness checks at least once a year. During their annual wellness exam, our veterinarians will provide your dog or cat with any necessary vaccinations. Your pets will undergo an examination, and a blood test can check their internal organ health. Early intervention is key, so don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment if your pet shows any signs or symptoms of illness.
What veterinary services does Pet Doctor of Chandler offer?
We’re proud to be your one-stop shop for veterinary services in Chandler, AZ. We offer many affordable veterinary services, including:
- Comprehensive exams – All veterinary appointments begin with a thorough exam. Our veterinarians create a customized care plan for each pet, which may include wellness exams, preventative care, and nutritional advice.
- General veterinary services – We can perform several tests for conditions that we can then treat if found. We also offer nail trims, ear cleanings, pet microchipping, and more.
- Canine vaccines – Our veterinary clinic offers the most common canine vaccines for your dogs, as well as rattlesnake vaccines which are important for pets in the Phoenix area.
- Feline vaccines – Pet Doctor of Chandler can vaccinate your cats quickly at an affordable price to protect their health and wellbeing.
- Spaying and neutering – Do your part to help control the pet population. We offer sterilization services for dogs and cats.
- Dental work – We treat tooth and gum issues for pets, including dental cleanings, x-rays, and tooth extractions.
- Surgery – Our experienced veterinarians use bloodwork, pre-anesthetic, and heart exams before we begin pet surgery. We can remove tumors, perform soft tissue surgery, and more.
What should I bring with my pet to their appointment?
Treat your pet’s appointment like you would with a child’s doctor appointment. Bring any medications your pet is taking. Don’t forget your pet insurance information and a valid method of payment.
Why does an indoor cat need vaccines?
Even if you have an indoor cat, felines are known for being impressive escape artists. They may also encounter other animals, creating the opportunity to spread disease. Other disease carriers such as fleas and mosquitos often find their way indoors. Routine vaccinations for your cats will minimize their chances of contracting a harmful illness.
When should my pets be vaccinated?
Kittens and puppies should be vaccinated at six to eight weeks of age. Our initial wellness exam of your dog or cat will include a proper vaccination schedule for them.
At what age should my pet be spayed or neutered?
Our spay and neuter clinic recommends that spaying or neutering take place when your pet is four to six months of age. Animals can be spayed or neutered at any age after that if they missed their initial window.
Do pets need dental exams?
Yes, pets do need dental exams and dental care. Plaque and tartar build on a dog’s or cat’s teeth. Our animal dental clinic offers dog teeth cleaning, pet dental surgery, and more. Dental care for pets is often overlooked. This critical service keeps a pet’s teeth healthy and strong while keeping infection away from their jawbones. Plaque and tartar can harbor a lot of bacteria that can travel into the rest of your pet’s body. This can result in many serious diseases, including kidney damage, heart disease, and joint issues. Our vets also offer veterinary dental surgery for dogs and cats.
Comprehensive Veterinary Services Under One Roof
Pet Doctor of Chandler is happy to answer any questions you have about our services or your pet’s health. We’re proud to offer affordable veterinary services, and we accept new patients. Contact us today to learn more or schedule an appointment.