Trustworthy Pet Vaccination Services in Chandler, AZ
Pet Doctor of Chandler Offers Pet Vaccines
If you have a pet at home, we know they’re a central part of your family. Just like any other family member, you want to give them the care they deserve at a clinic you can trust in Chandler, AZ. One of the most crucial facets of care for your dog or cat is proper vaccination. Keeping up with routine pet vaccinations can protect them from a multitude of life-threatening illnesses. We know this can be a stressful experience for both you and your pet, and we hope to ease any concerns you may have. Our trustworthy veterinary staff will treat your pet with the highest care possible at the most affordable price for you.
Becoming Familiar with Pet Vaccines
Some pet vaccines are widely considered essential for long-term pet health. Core vaccines are those that are commonly recommended for all pets, regardless of how much time they spend outside or around other animals. Essential core vaccines for dogs protect against canine distemper, parvovirus, rabies, and hepatitis. For cats, the core vaccines protect against feline distemper, rabies, and feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia (FVRCP). If pets are exposed to unvaccinated feral animals, your veterinarian may recommend additional protection.
The Best Time to Vaccinate Your Pet
Young animals are protected from illnesses early on due to the antibodies and nutrients that pass through the mother’s milk while nursing. This helps them get through one of the most vulnerable periods of their life. Once nursing stops, however, their immune systems are almost instantly more susceptible to life-threatening illnesses. Routine pet vaccinations start when pets are six to eight weeks old and continue throughout their lives to make up for this lack of immunity. Fourteen days after vaccination, pets have full preventative protection from relevant illnesses. In order to maintain immunity, booster doses may be required every six months to three years, depending on the vaccine. Your veterinarian at Pet Doctor of Chandler will ensure that your pet is set up with a healthy vaccination schedule
Comprehensive Vaccine Services Offered in Chandler
Here at Pet Doctor of Chandler, we are proud to make the vaccination process as stress-free as possible for you. We provide all recommended core vaccines, as well as a multitude of additional options for ultimate protection. If you’re not sure what your cat or dog needs, don’t worry! The knowledgeable team at Pet Doctor of Chandler is here to reassure you that you’re making the best decision for your pet’s well-being. Our pet vaccination clinic offers the following preventative vaccines for dogs and cats:
- Our Dog Vaccines: We offer all core vaccines for canine distemper, parvovirus, rabies, and hepatitis. Rattlesnake vaccines are essential here in Chandler, AZ, and we are proud to make these easily available for your dog. Depending on your dog’s lifestyle, we may also recommend protection against Lyme disease, heartworm, parainfluenza, leptospirosis, and the Bordetella bacteria.
- Our Cat Vaccines: Our core cat vaccines protect against feline distemper, rabies, and feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia (FVRCP). We may also recommend vaccines for feline leukemia, peritonitis, ringworm, chlamydia, and feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV). These recommendations are usually only considered if your cat is at a high risk of exposure.
How Do Vaccines Work?
Pet vaccines work by protecting your pet against diseases. We administer a low dose of the pathogen in a vaccine to allow your pet’s immune system to fight the pathogens. An animal does not possess immunity when a virus or bacteria enters its body, so a vaccine helps the body manufacture antibodies to fight.
Which Vaccines Does My Pet Need?
Canine Vaccinations –
We’re proud to offer many types of vaccinations. Our core vaccinations include those commonly recommended for pets, while our non-core vaccinations are typically vaccines for at-risk pets. We’ll help you learn about the best protection for your pets. We offer many preventative vaccines for dogs and cats, including:
- Bordetella – The vaccination for kennel cough is given to puppies at nine weeks old and 12 weeks old. We provide booster shots every six to 12 months.
- Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus (DHPP) – DHPP is given between six and eight weeks old with booster shots every three weeks until about 18 weeks old. We administer the DHPP booster vaccination after the first year and every third year after the initial vaccination.
- Heartworm – Heartworm prevention is a monthly treatment given to your dog to prevent heartworms.
- Leptospirosis – Leptospirosis is a non-core vaccine to prevent bacterial infections in the liver, kidneys, and other major organs.
- Lyme – The Lyme vaccination is a non-core vaccine recommended for dogs regularly in areas with increased tick exposure.
- Rabies – We administer the rabies vaccine when a puppy reaches 16 weeks old with booster shots after one year and every third year.
Feline Vaccinations –
- Feline Herpesvirus, Calici Virus, Feline Distemper – These core vaccines are administered between the ages of six and eight weeks old, with a booster every three weeks until the kitten reaches about 17 weeks old. We administer a booster yearly for the Feline Rhinotracheitis and Calici Virus and every three years for Feline Distemper.
- Feline Leukemia (FeLV) – Feline Leukemia is the number one cause of cat death. We administer the FeLV vaccine at 12 weeks and the first booster at about 15 weeks old. We recommend annual booster shots.
- Rabies – The Rabies vaccine is first administered between 12 and 16 weeks of age with boosts every one year and three years after.
- Non-core Vaccines – Feline non-core vaccinations include Ringworm, Chlamydia, and Feline Infectious Peritonitis.
A Pet Vaccination Clinic You Can Trust
You should never feel forced to decide between your pet’s well-being and financial stability. Our experienced, compassionate team believes in providing high-quality veterinary care at an affordable price. Your pet deserves a veterinarian that cares about them just as much as you do. We’ll never sacrifice the quality of our services, and we’re happy to work with you to find a payment plan that fits your needs. We’re proud to be an affordable pet vaccination clinic in Chandler, AZ, that you can trust with your dog or cat’s long-term health.
Schedule an Appointment Today
In addition to maintaining your pet’s health, we hope to be a reliable source of veterinary information for you. It is essential to stay in the know about pet vaccines to ensure your furry friend receives the care they need. To learn more about pet vaccines and the services we offer, be sure to check out our FAQ page or give one of our friendly team members a call. We’d be happy to set up a stress-free vaccination appointment for your dog or cat!