Pet Dental Surgery Veterinarian in Chandler, AZ
At Pet Doctor, we believe in providing quality veterinary care at an affordable price. Below is our list of prices for our pet care services for the main pet hospital and the spay and neuter clinic.
Dog Teeth Cleaning & more from Pet Doctor
If you’re like many pet owners, you might not be able to remember the last time you had your pet’s teeth cleaned. Pet Doctor specializes in pet dental surgery, dog teeth cleaning, and more at our veterinarian clinic in Chandler, AZ. Pets who have never had their teeth cleaned often have signs of dental disease by the time they’re three years old. Our pet surgery suite utilizes the most modern equipment and veterinary medicine to ensure the safety of your pet at all times. Your dog or cat will be under constant observation during their procedure as well as before and after. Learn more and contact us to schedule a dental care appointment for your pets.
Recognizing Dental Disease in Pets
Both dogs and cats develop similar types of dental diseases and issues as humans do. These may include periodontal disease, gingivitis, tooth decay, cavities, and staining. Dental decay and disease begin each time your pet eats and food particles get on their teeth and gums. Because dogs and cats don’t brush and floss like humans do, having their teeth professionally cleaned is of the utmost importance. Those food particles fuel bacteria and create plaque, which can harden into tartar. It’s important to recognize signs of dental disease in your pets so you know when you should seek dental care for them. The good news is most dental issues can easily be prevented by visiting our veterinarians for regular dental exams and cleanings for your pets. It’s easy to ignore your pet’s teeth, but as pet owners, it’s our duty to be vigilant and notice changes in appearance or behavior. Most pets don’t act like they’re in pain unless that pain becomes severe. In many cases, you can determine if your pet needs dental care by examining their teeth and gums or “flipping the lip.” If you notice any of the following signs, it’s crucial to contact Pet Doctor to schedule a dental checkup, teeth cleaning, and gum disease treatment for your dog or cat
- Loose or broken teeth
- Discomfort while eating
- Red, swollen, or bleeding gums
- Bloody or excessive drool
- Extremely bad breath
- Staining on teeth
- Inflamed or swollen gums
- Weight loss or loss of appetite
- Trouble eating or keeping food in the mouth
- Pawing at the face or mouth area
The Importance of Having Your Pet’s Teeth Cleaned
The Importance of Having Your Pet’s Teeth Cleaned
Dental health is one of the most critical parts of a pet’s overall health and one of the most neglected. In addition to pain and discomfort, dental disease in pets can also cause other health problems, including heart, kidney, and liver disease. Periodontal disease in dogs and cats should be taken seriously. Pet Doctor takes a preemptive approach to pet dental health. We recommend that you bring your pet in at least once a year for a comprehensive wellness exam. Our experienced veterinarians will examine your pet’s mouth and determine if teeth cleaning or additional procedures are necessary. Many health problems start in a dog’s or cat’s mouth. Infected teeth, plaque, tartar, and periodontal disease all serve as sources of inflammation and infection for the rest of your pet’s body.
Professional Pet Surgery & Dental Services
Pet Doctor is your trusted dog dentist and animal dental clinic in Chandler, AZ. Surgery and dental cleaning for dogs are just some of the many pet dental services we provide. We invite you to learn more about our surgery and dental services and what to expect:
- Dental exams, cleaning, & polishing – Having your dog or cat’s teeth cleaned is similar to getting your own dental cleaning. The only significant difference is that pets need anesthesia so our team can properly and safely examine and clean their teeth. After the cleaning, we perform a thorough oral exam and check for signs of disease. We also offer full-mouth radiographs or x-rays of your pet.
- Tooth extractions – Our team makes every effort to save teeth that have a chance to be successfully treated. However, advanced periodontal disease may exist in many circumstances, and treating it without extraction is not practical. Our team will only extract teeth that are deemed beyond saving.
- Minor oral surgery – Many pet’s teeth require oral surgery to remove each root safely. Our team has performed many of these procedures and has the experience and training necessary to get optimal results. We administer pain medication in our veterinarian clinic and also provide it for in-home aftercare.
Schedule Your Pet’s Appointment Today
Our pet dental center in Chandler, AZ is welcoming new patients. If your dog or cat needs veterinary dental surgery or routine teeth cleaning, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Our team provides the best care possible for your pet and treats every dog or cat as if they were our own. We also offer other services, including vaccinations, spaying and neutering, and more. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or learn more about our services.