Give us a call:
We are looking to add an experienced veterinary assistant/technician to our team of 6 doctors and staff!
We are a small, privately owned animal veterinary clinic located in Chandler Arizona. We are team oriented and offer an amazing work culture with a focus on work life balance. We engage in team building activities outside of work such as an annual holiday party, an annual river float and we are part of an adult kick ball league!
We are open Monday-Friday 7am-6pm (no late night /overnight shifts!). We are closed on Saturday and Sunday and all major holidays. Yes, this means even Thanksgiving and Christmas we get the day off! We practice high quality, affordable medicine. We offer both appointment based and urgent care appointments so we can get our patients seen and treated when they need it. We also have a large focus on surgery and are able to offer both routine and emergency surgical procedures as well as a number of orthopedic procedures including TPLOs. We are a teaching hospital and have vet assistant, vet technician, and veterinary students come in to learn and complete externships regularly.
This role is responsible for assisting in the care of animals, the hospital, and all medical equipment and machinery. The veterinary assistant/technician is a crucial part of the team and is responsible for advocating for the patients and education of the clients. Some of these tasks include:
- Checking patients into rooms and obtaining an accurate history and TPR
- Safety restrains animals during exams and procedures
- Creating and going over estimates with clients
- Filling medications
- Preforming diagnostics such as radiographs and urinalyses
- Collect and prepare laboratory samples such as fecal floats, ear cytology and urine sediment
- Placing IV catheters
- Monitoring hospitalized patients
- Inducing and monitoring anesthesia
- Surgical assisting
- Monitoring patients post-op
- Assist in hospital cleanliness including rooms, treatment area, surgery and kennels
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge of medical procedures and animal handling
- At least 1 year of veterinary experience
- Strong communication skills, good judgment and be
- Able to manage stressful situations
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- CVT certification is a plus but not required
- Pay range: $15-$20/hr (based on experience)
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance for full time employees
- Retirement Plan (401k) for full time employees
- Paid Time Off
- CE and license renewal allowance for CVT’s
- Generously discounted veterinary care
We look forward to hearing from you!